1 lb. whole Shishito peppers*
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
Fresh lemon or lime juice (optional)
*If you don't like to eat the seeds, you can cut a slit along the length of each pepper and scrape out the seeds before cooking.
TO SAUTE THE PEPPERS:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
2. Add the peppers and stir fry for 8-10 minutes, covering half way through, until they are blistered and slightly softened.
3. Season with salt and remove to a serving platter. Squeeze a bit of lime or lemon juice over the peppers (or with lemon or lime wedges on the side), if desired. Peppers can be served warm or at room temperature.
TO GRILL THE PEPPERS:
1. Place the peppers in a bowl or on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt.
2. Grill over high heat until blistered and slightly softened.
3. Remove to a serving platter and serve warm or at room temperature.