1 turkey carcass and any other leftover trimmings
2-3 ribs of celery, chopped
2 carrots, roughly chopped
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
3 ribs celery, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced (optional)
2-3 cups uncooked rice
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Place the turkey carcass and any leftover trimmings into a large pot and cover with water; add 2-3 ribs of chopped celery, 2 carrots and 1 medium onion, chopped. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for about 2 hours or until the stock is well flavored.
2. Strain the stock into a large bowl and pour the stock back into the large pot.
3. Remove as much meat as you can from the turkey carcass and trimmings; set aside.
4. Bring the stock back up to a simmer and add 3 ribs of sliced celery and 2 sliced carrots. Simmer for about 10 minutes, taste the stock, and season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
5. Stir in the rice and bring to a boil; simmer, covered and stirring occasionally, for another 30 minutes or until the rice is tender. Taste and re-season as needed.