1 dozen extra large eggs, in a large bowl (but not too large that it won't fit into your steamer)
6 cups light chicken stock (6 cups water + 3 tbsp. Totole brand granulated chicken base*)
2 extra cups chicken stock, to add to custard as soon as it is set, if you like extra "soup"
*Totole brand chicken base proportions: 1 tbsp. base to 2 cups water
3 slices bacon, chopped
Chinese white pepper
2-3 scallions, chopped
1. Beat eggs well in large bowl. Stir in chopped bacon.
2. Very gently stir in 6 cups of chicken stock to the egg & bacon mix.
3. Place egg mixture in a large steamer over ample water. Cover. Turn heat on high and let water in steamer come to a boil. Continue steaming over high heat for about 5-7 minutes, until edges of egg start to set. Turn heat down to medium-low to low, and continue cooking for about 30 minutes until custard is just set, checking egg periodically (if custard seems to be cooking unevenly, i.e., uncooked in the center, and cooked along the edges, then carefully fold in cooked edges towards the center with a large spoon).
4. Once custard is set, turn off heat and carefully add an additional 1-2 cups of chicken stock over the top of the egg mixture. Cover the steamer, and let sit for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve steamed egg in soup bowls sprinkled with a little white pepper and chopped scallion.