1 lb. chicken breast or thighs, thinly sliced
1 lb. medium shrimp, shelled & deveined
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp. ginger, minced
1 Fresno or jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
1 large carrot, julienned
3 large bok choy, trimmed and sliced into large pieces
Optional: bean sprouts, shredded cabbage, sliced mushrooms, snow peas, broccoli, sliced red bell peppers
1 1/2 lbs. Chinese egg noodles, 4 pkts. yakisoba noodles, or pancit
1/2 cup chicken stock (1/2 cup water + 1 tsp. Totole chicken granules)
5 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3 scallions, bias-cut into 1/2" pieces
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Combine all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
2. Add 3 tbsp. oil in a large pan or wok over high heat. Add the sliced chicken and partially cook, about 1 minute; remove and set aside.
3. Add the shrimp to the same pan and as partially cook, about 1 minute; remove and set aside.
4. Add 1-2 tbsp. oil to the same pan, bring up to heat and add the ginger and garlic. Toss briefly and then stir in the carrots, bok choy and Fresno chile and saute for 30 seconds.
5. Return the chicken and shrimp to the pan, stir, then add the egg noodles; Cook 1-2 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
6. Stir in the sauce and bring to a boil. When sauce has thickened, stir in the scallions and cilantro. Turn off heat and stir in the white and black pepper. Serve immediately while hot.