1 1/2 lbs. brussels sprouts, halved
4 oz. chopped pancetta or bacon
1 large shallot, thinly sliced into rings
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Blanch the brussels sprouts for a few seconds then remove immediately to a colander to drain.
4. Place the brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Toss with the pancetta, shallots, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the sprouts into a single layer on the pan and roast for 30 minutes or until the pancetta is cooked through, tossing once halfway through cooking.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and toss the sprouts with the pine nuts and balsamic vinegar.
6. Pour the sprouts into a serving platter and drizzle with extra balsamic just before serving.