3 tbsp. sweet hot Chinese mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 bunch of celery
1. Combine the mustard, salt, sugar & rice vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Break off each celery stalk, then use a sharp paring knife to remove the stringy stuff from the top of each stalk. Cut the celery into 2" slices.
3. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Blanch the celery for 1-2 minutes or until tender, but not mushy.
4. Remove the celery with a slotted spoon into a shallow dish or casserole. Toss with the mustard dressing, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
5. Arrange the cold celery slices on a plate and pour the mustard marinade over them. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh cilantro on the side.