In my version I substituted the ground beef called for in this recipe with ground pork and extra cilantro (including the leaves) and extra seasonings to kick it up a bit.
1 lb. ground pork (or ground beef)
1 tsp. Shaoshing wine
2 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. sugar
3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small bunch cilantro, chopped, stems included (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 fresh red chile, seeded and thinly sliced
1. Add the marinade ingredients to the ground pork and mix well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the frig for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the marinated ground pork and stir fry until just done. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in the same pan and add the garlic and chiles. Saute briefly until fragrant. Add the cilantro. Stir fry for 5-10 seconds then add the cooked ground pork back to the pan.
4. Toss to combine and adjust seasonings (salt, sugar, pepper) as necessary.
5. Stir in the sliced scallions and remove to a serving plate. Great with steamed white rice.