10 oz. boneless pork loin, shredded
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. rice wine
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 lb. fresh yellow noodles
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 bunch scallions or Chinese chives, cut into 1" sections along the bias (separate the green and white parts)
5-8 medium dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. bean sprouts
1 small head of nappa or green cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1-3 tbsp. black vinegar (according to taste)
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1. Place the shredded pork in a bowl and toss with the marinade ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or until ready to use.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the fresh noodles about 1-2 minutes, or until just al dente. Drain in a colander and set aside.
3. Add 3 tbsp. vegetable oil to a hot wok or saute pan. Add the marinated pork and saute for about a minute until partially cooked through.
4. Add the onion, garlic, white parts of the scallion or chives.
5. Add the shiitakes, and cabbage. Cook until the onion and cabbage are translucent and the pork cooked through.
6. Add the sauce, green parts of the scallion, bean sprouts and noodles and toss briefly until the all the ingredients are well blended.
7. Plate the noodles on a serving dish and serve immediately.