1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1 cup chilled stout
1. Fill a large bowl with ice and water.
2. Heat the heavy cream, milk, and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
3. Pour the milk mixture into a medium bowl, stir in the salt, and place the bowl into the bowl of ice and water. Let sit for about 20 minutes or until the mixture has cooled.
4. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Remove the bowl from the frig and stir in the chilled stout.
6. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions.
7. Scoop the ice cream (it will be kind of a a soft-serve consistency at this point - my Cuisinart ice cream maker takes about 25 minutes of churning to get the mixture to that consistency) into a plastic container. Cover and freeze at least 1 hour or until the ice cream is frozen through.
8. Scoop, serve and enjoy!