2 1/2 lbs. (2 pkgs.) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2" dice.
2 Chinese eggplants, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2" dice
1/4 cup green curry paste (or a little less if you want less spicy)
2 1/2 cups coconut milk
4 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. palm sugar or brown sugar
6 Kaffir lime leaves
1 1/2-2 cups whole Thai basil leaves
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into long strips
1-2 jalapeno peppers or Fresno chiles, seeded and julienned into long strips
1. Heat 2 tbsp. vegetable oil in a wok or large saute pan over high heat. Add the diced chicken and eggplant and season with a light dashw of salt. Stir occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the eggplant slightly softened.
2. Add the green curry paste and toss well to combine. Stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce, palm sugar, and kaffir lime leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the eggplant is softened.
3. Stir in the Thai basil leaves, red bell pepper, and jalapeño or Fresno chiles. Turn off heat.
4. Taste and re-season if needed with extra curry paste, fish sauce, and/or sugar.
5. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.