6 ears corn, husks & silk removed
6 tbsp. light or regular mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp. ancho chili or chipotle pepper powder
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice (or 3/4 tsp. lemon pepper)
If making less than 6 ears of corn, use the following sauce recipe, which is for one ear of corn. Multiply quantities according to how many ears you have:
1 tbsp. light or regular mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. ancho chili powder
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. fresh lime juice (or 1/8 tsp. lemon pepper)
1. Husk the corn and remove silk. Rinse well. Submerge the corn cobs in a pan of cool water until ready to grill.
2. Combine all sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Prep your grill. Grill the corn cobs until lightly charred on all sides but not cooked through.
4. Remove the cobs to a baking sheet or chopping board. Slather the cobs thoroughly with the sauce and wrap each tightly in foil.
5. Return the foil-wrapped cobs to the grill and cook another 5-10 minutes until cooked through. Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes before unwrapping.
6. To serve, garnish the corn cobs with cilantro leaves and serve with lime wedges on the side.