4 1-lb. boneless ribeye steaks
4 tbsp. golden or dark brown sugar
2 tbsp. paprika
1 1/2 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. Ancho or New Mexico chili powder
2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup red or white wine vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil
1-2 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
4 bay leaves
1 cup flat leaf/Italian parsley, chopped
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil (leaves only), chopped
1/2 small red or yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Blend spice rub ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Rinse ribeye steaks and dry well with paper towels. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Rub spice blend generously on all sides; cover with foil and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes (overnight is ok).
3. For the sauce: Place all the Chimichurri ingredients into a blender (I use my Cuisinart mini). Pulse for 5-10 seconds to blend. Pour sauce into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temp for at least 2 hours (after that, place in the frig - just make sure to bring the sauce back to room temp before serving).
5. Prep your grill and cook the steaks to your preferred temp. Medium will register 160F on the thermometer.
6. Serve with the chimichurri sauce. Grilled asparagus or zucchini are good sides.