5 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. salt
3 tbsp. sugar
10 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
4 Chicken thighs or breasts (if using breasts, pound with a mallet to tenderize)
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
pinch of ground oregano
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. flour
1 c. panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lb. angel hair or capellini pasta
Shredded parmesan or Italian blend cheese
1. Season the chicken with granulated garlic, salt, pepper & oregano. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
2. Heat 2 tsp. of olive oil in a saute pan; add chopped garlic & cook for about 30 seconds. Add chopped tomatoes, fresh basil, black pepper, salt, and sugar.
3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for about 1 hour. Cover & keep warm until serving time.
4. Bring a large stock pot of water (salted with about 2 tsp. of salt) to a boil. Cook the capellini or angel hair pasta according to instructions (these are thin noodles, so shouldn't take more than 4-5 minutes to cook to al dente). Remove & drain, then toss with 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil. Set aside.
5. Place the beaten eggs, flour and panko into 3 separate shallow dishes or casserole pans.
6. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour, then in the beaten eggs, then in the panko. Place onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
7. Heat 1/4 cup of olive or vegetable oil in a large saute pan. Saute the chicken (in batches-do not overcrowd the pan), about 5-6 minutes per side or until nicely browned and thoroughly cooked.
8. To serve: Place chicken & pasta onto serving plates; top with marinara sauce, and garnish with some julienned basil, shredded parmesan or Italian blend cheese.