2 lbs. (4) pork chops
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. rice wine
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 large red or yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 shallot, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 ripe tomato, diced
1/4 cup peas
1 cup water
6 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. rice vinegar
3 tbsp. ketchup
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
4 tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add the pork chops and coat both sides. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
2 Combine the sauce ingredients together in a measuring cup or bowl; set aside.
3. Heat 3 tbsp. of oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the pork and saute about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove to a platter, cover with foil, and set aside.
4. Add 1 tbsp. of oil to the same pan and heat over medium high. Add the sliced onions and shallots and saute for 2-3 minutes or until translucent and slightly browned. Add the garlic and diced tomatoes and saute an additional 30 seconds.
5. Add the sauce and bring to a boil until slightly thickened. Stir in the green peas. Add the pork chops back to the pan, turn over to coat with the sauce, then remove the pan from the heat.
6. Plate the pork chops onto individual plates and serve with steamed white rice on the side.