1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenders, cut into 1" cubes
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. Chinese rice wine
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 medium red onion, diced
2 scallions, chopped
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1" dice
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1" dice
1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1" dice (or, use all green or any color combo, to total 3 medium bell peppers)
1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded & sliced
8 tbsp. sugar
8 tbsp. ketchup
4 tbsp. Chinese rice vinegar
2 tbsp. Chinese rice wine (or Shaohsing wine)
3/4 cup water
2 tsp. sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1. Toss diced chicken in 2 tbsp. soy, 1 tsp. sesame oil, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, 2 tsp. rice wine, and 2 tsp. of the minced fresh garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Stir together sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. vegetable oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Saute diced red onion until it starts to soften. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
4. Add chicken, and saute until just cooked through. Stir in half of chopped cilantro and scallion. Add diced bell peppers and sliced jalapeno. Saute for 2-3 minutes until peppers are tender-crisp. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper, as needed.
5. Pour in reserved sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Remove chicken to serving dish & garnish with remaining chopped scallion & cilantro. Serve with hot white rice.