1 recipe of Bienville sauce http://www.thegrubfiles.blogspot.com/2014/11/oysters-bienville.html
2-3 lbs. sea scallops
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
Steamed white rice
1. Make the Bienville sauce recipe and let cool. If not using right away, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
2. Rinse the scallops and blot very well with paper towels to remove as much of the moisture as possible.
3. Preheat the oven to 450F.
4. If the sauce has been previously refrigerated, take out of the frig and let sit for 30 minutes or so or until back to room temperature.
5. Add the oil to a large saute pan and heat over medium heat. Add the scallops (in 2 batches if needed so as not to overcrowd the pan). Saute for 1 minute on each side, until lightly browned and partially cooked. Do not cook fully through since the scallops will continue cooking in the oven with the sauce.
6. Divide the scallops evenly in individual serving size gratin or baking dishes. Top each generously with the sauce.
7. Place the gratin dishes on a baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes or until the top starts to brown and the sauce is bubbling.
8. Serve with white rice and lemon wedges on the side.