1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (King Arthur's preferred), chilled in freezer for 1 hour
1/4 tsp. salt
9 tbsp. butter, cut into 1/2" pieces, chilled in freezer for 1 hour
1/3 to 1/2 cup ice water (more, as needed)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
5 oz. goat cheese (or mascarpone)
4 oz. ricotta cheese
3/4 cup coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup creme fraiche (substitute with sour cream if not available)
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Chill cookie sheet or large marble chopping board in refrigerator.
2. Place flour and salt on chilled chopping board or cookie sheet. With pastry cutter, cut butter into flour until half is the size of peas and the other half is a little larger.
3. Make well in center and add half of iced water. Push together with fingertips and set aside any dough that holds together. Add rest of water and repeat. Add more water as needed.
4. Form mixture into rough ball. Roll dough onto well-floured surface into 14" circle and trim edges. Place on large sheet pan in refrigerator.
5. Combine cheeses, creme fraiche, pinch of salt, black pepper. Set aside.'
6. Saute in 1 tbsp. olive oil the chopped green onion for 5 minutes until soft. Let cool and add to cheese mixture.
7. Preheat oven to 375F.
8. Remove pastry from refrigerator. Spread cheese mixture over pastry, leaving a 2" border around the edge. Fold uncovered edge of pastry over the cheese, pleating it to make a fit. There will be an open hole in the center revealing the filling.
9. Bake in oven 35-40 minutes until golden.
10. Let cool 5 minutes. Slide galette out of pan onto serving plate. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.