3 cups strongly brewed Vietnamese or other dark roast coffee
(1/2 cup ground coffee brewed in 3 cups boiling water)
2 14-oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
1 cup half-and-half
2 tsp. finely ground Vietnamese or dark roast coffee
This recipe makes 3 pints.
1. For this recipe, I like to use a coffee press to brew the coffee: place 1/2 cup of ground coffee into a coffee press, add boiling water, give it a stir, then cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Gently plunge down the press, then pour the coffee into a medium bowl.
2. Add the condensed milk, half-and-half, and 2 tsp. of ground coffee to the brewed coffee. Mix until combined.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours until well chilled or overnight.
4. Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and process/churn according to manufacturer's instructions (I have a Cuisinart and churn for 15-20 minutes until the mixture is the consistency of a soft serve ice cream).
5. Pour the mixture into a container, cover/seal tightly, and freeze until set.