1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp. Chinese hot mustard (or 2 tbsp. water + 4 tsp. Chinese hot mustard powder)
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. honey or sugar
2 lbs. medium shrimp, shelled & deveined
Shredded Iceberg lettuce
Black sesame seeds
1. Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl, stir well, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil then add the shrimp; simmer for a few minutes or until the shrimp just turn pink (do NOT overcook). Immediately remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon to an ice bath (large bowl of cold water with ice cubes) to stop the cooking.
3. Pour the shrimp and iced water through a colander, shaking out as much water as possible and removing any ice cubes from the shrimp; pour the shrimp into a medium bowl.
4. Toss the shrimp with the dressing, plate on a bed of shredded lettuce and serve; if not serving right away, cover and refrigerate.
5. Before serving, sprinkle the top of the shrimp with black sesame seeds. Garnish with lemon wedges on the side, if desired.