8 large eggs
3/4 cup chopped dried radish
3 scallions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of white pepper
1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. sesame oil
1. Place 3/4 cup of chopped dried radish in a medium bowl; to cut down on the saltiness, cover chopped radish with tap water & let soak about 30 minutes. Squeeze dry and set aside.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl & set aside.
3. Heat 2 tsp. of sesame oil over medium high heat in a skillet or wok. Add minced garlic & toss for a few seconds. Add dried radish and saute for about 1 minute; add white pepper, sugar & sesame oil, stir, and remove from heat. Let radish mixture cool.
4. Add cooled radish mixture and scallions to the beaten eggs & stir well.
5. Add 1 tbsp. vegetable to skillet or wok over medium high heat. Cook the radish-egg mixture as you would scrambled eggs, pressing down with a spatula to get some color on the omelette. Do not overcook. Remove to a serving dish and serve with white rice or rice porridge.