1.7 - 2 lbs. of trimmed flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
1 tbsp. rice wine
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
12 oz. regular or Chinese broccoli
4 slices ginger
5 scallions, cut into 1" lengths
8 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsp. rice wine
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
12 tbsp. water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. sesame oil
1. Slice the flank steak thinly across the grain into 1" x 2" slices. Place in a medium bowl. Add 1 tbsp. rice wine, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 2 tbsp. cornstarch, 3 tbsp. of water and 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the frig for 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces and blanch in boiling water for 1 minute; remove to a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
3. Add 1/4 cup of oil to a hot wok or saute pan over medium high heat. Saute the beef and cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until beef is just browned. Remove to a plate and set aside.
4. Leave 1 tbsp. of oil in the pan and saute the green onion & ginger until fragrant. Add the broccoli and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add the beef, 8 tbsp. of oyster sauce, 2 tbsp. rice wine, 2 tsp. sugar, 2 tsp. cornstarch, and 12 tbsp. water. Stir briefly (about 30 seconds) until sauce is slightly thickened. Turn off heat and stir in 1 tsp. of sesame oil. Remove to a serving platter.
5. Serve with steamed white rice.