4 cups chicken broth
4 cups water
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1 lb. ground pork
2 tbsp. minced scallions
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
2 tsp. sesame oil
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into large dice
2 boxes soft tofu,cubed
1 box (8 oz.) sliced button mushrooms
2 eggs, beaten
cornstarch slurry (2 tbsp. water + 1 tbsp. cornstarch)
Chinese Black Vinegar
1. Mix together meatball ingredients and form the mixture into small 3/4" - 1" meatballs.
2. In a medium pan, bring stock and water to a boil. Add oyster sauce, tofu, tomatoes and mushrooms.
3. Add meatballs to the boiling soup.
4. With the soup boiling, pour in beaten eggs in a stream, stirring constantly.
5. Add cornstarch slurry to thicken the soup. Stir in garnish/condiments, according to your taste. Serve with extra vinegar on the side.