Miso Tare (use 1 heaping tablespoons of miso tare per serving bowl):
1/2 cup Awase Miso (Aka+Shiro Miso), Sendai or other aged red miso
3 tbsp. mirin
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 tsp. ginger, grated
1 tsp. tobanjiang (spicy bean paste)
1 lb. Ramen noodles
Soy sauce eggs*
Soy braised pork belly*
Dash of sesame oil
*Recipes for these ingredients can be found here http://thegrubfiles.blogspot.com/2013/12/shoyu-ramen.html
1. Make the ramen broth, soy sauce eggs, braised pork belly and blanched spinach (above link will take you to those recipes in my post for Shoyu Ramen).
2. Combine the Miso Tare ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
3. Cook the ramen noodles according to directions, drain, and set aside.
4. Pour 2 ladles (about 2 cups) of hot ramen broth into each ceramic serving bowl. Place each bowl over a burner on medium high heat and bring the broth to a boil.
5. Stir 1 heaping tablespoon of the miso tare into each serving bowl; add 1/4 of the cooked ramen noodles into each bowl and bring to a boil.
6. Garnish each bowl with a halved soy sauce egg, sliced soy braised pork belly, some blanched spinach, a dash of sesame oil, and sliced scallions.