2 tbsp. oil
3-4 bok choy, trimmed and diced
5 cups hot water (heat in a kettle)
2 cups Jasmine rice
1. Pour 1/4 cup of water into the clay pot and place on a burner over very low heat. This will warm the pot up and keep it from cracking.
2. Heat the 2 tbsp. of oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the salt pork and fry until very lightly browned and rendered.
3. Add the Jasmine rice and saute until the rice is fragrantly nutty, but not browned. Add the bok choy and stir fry for another minute. Turn off the heat.
4. Pour the water out of the clay pot and wipe dry. Using a paper towel blotted with some vegetable oil, wipe the inside of the pot to lightly oil.
5. Pour the rice mixture into the clay pot, then add 5 cups of hot water. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to a very low simmer, cover, and cook 30-40 minutes until the rice is just tender.