6 eggs, beaten (seasoned with 1/3 tsp. salt & 1/4 tsp. white pepper, 1/3 tsp. sesame oil)
2-3 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped into large dice
3 scallions, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
2 tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. water
1 tsp. cornstarch
1. Mix sweet chili sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the beaten eggs and stir until partially set (about half to 3/4 cooked through - do NOT overcook). Immediately remove the partially scrambled eggs to a bowl and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp. vegetable oil and stir in the garlic and half of the minced scallions. Add the diced tomatoes and stir-fry 1-2 minutes over high heat, then stir in the sweet chili sauce mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is slightly thickened.
4. Add the eggs back to the pan and stir together with the tomatoes, breaking up any large pieces with the spatula. Gently toss together and turn off heat after 30 seconds or when the mixture is heated through. Season with a drizzle of sesame oil and a pinch of extra salt and pepper as needed.
5. Remove to a serving dish. Garnish with the remaining minced scallion. Serve with white rice.
Cook the eggs until partially scrambled; remove to a bowl and set aside.
Add the diced tomato and sauté 1-2 minutes; add the sweet chili-ketchup mixture and cook, stirring frequently until the mixture is slightly thickened.
Serve with white rice.