2 lbs. fresh peaches (blanched, pitted & with skins removed)
2 lemons, juiced
3 cups simple syrup (1 1/2 cups sugar & 1 1/2 cups water)
1. For the simple syrup: place the sugar & water into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for several minutes until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
3. Fill a large bowl with water & ice; set aside.
4. Score an 'x' on the bottom of each peach with a paring knife. Blanch the peaches (in batches) in the boiling water for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until skin is loosened.
5. Remove the blanched peaches to the ice water to cool. Remove the skins from the peaches, cut each in half, remove the pit & place the peach halves into a large bowl.
6. Place the pitted peaches into a blender or food processor. Blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour the pureed peaches into a large bowl. Stir in lemon juice and simple syrup. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and let it churn according to manufacturer's instructions (about 20 minutes or until semi-soft).
7. Pour the sorbet mixture into a plastic container, seal tightly with a lid & place in the freezer.
8. To serve: take the sorbet out of the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to slightly soften. Scoop into serving bowls & garnish with fresh mint.
For the fortified version: place 2 scoops of peach sorbet & 2 tbsp. of tequila into a serving bowl and mix well. Will be kinda like a refreshing margarita.