1 lb. ground pork
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
3 scallions, chopped
2 tsp. Chinese chili garlic sauce
2 14-oz. boxes soft tofu, cubed and drained
2 cups water
5 tbsp. soy sauce
5 tbsp. Chinese black vinegar
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1/4 cup green peas
3 tbsp. water
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine the sauce ingredients together in a bowl or measuring cup. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a saute pan or wok over medium high heat. Add the pork and break up the meat with a spatula.
3. When the pork is partially cooked through, add the garlic, ginger, and scallions. Saute for 10-15 seconds until fragrant. Stir in the chili garlic sauce.
4. Add the cubed tofu and stir gently to combine. Pour in the sauce, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. Remove cover, bring the tofu mixture up to a boil, add the green peas then stir in the cornstarch slurry. Cook for about 30 seconds to a minute, or until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the white pepper and half of the cilantro.
6. Pour the tofu onto a serving dish; garnish with the remaining cilantro.