2 lbs. ground pork
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
8 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
4 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. thick soy sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 - 3/4 cup water
2 scallions, sliced along the bias
2 cups Thai basil leaves
3 red (Fresno) chiles, seeded and sliced
1. Heat 3 tbsp. vegetable oil in a wok or saute pan over medium high heat. Add the chopped garlic and stir for about 10-15 seconds until fragrant.
2. Add the ground pork and stir frequently to break up the meat. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the meat starts to brown.
3. Add the oyster sauce, thick soy sauce, sugar and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until the meat is just cooked through. Add the sliced red chiles and scallions and cook briefly, about 30 seconds.
4. Add the Thai basil, toss and cook briefly until the basil leaves are just wilted.
5. Plate and serve with steamed jasmine rice on the side.